Employment Law for Employers & Senior Executives
Strategic, high quality employment law advice for employers and senior executives
When the directors of a business located anywhere in the world decide that the UK presents a good opportunity for expansion, there are numerous commercial issues to consider. Whether the new UK operation is established by way of a merger, an acquisition, or by setting up an entirely new company, the people who lead and are employed by the company are its most important asset.
We help you adopt good legal practice
Employment law in the UK is not always straightforward and it’s important for your reputation as an employer in the UK that you take good legal advice at the very start.
Fox Williams is an independent law firm based in the City of London. Our team is highly regarded for the quality and depth of the employment advice we provide for our many clients. Led by partner Joanna Chatterton, we advise companies on the full range of employment issues.
UK employment law is complex
We ensure that from the outset you understand and put in place the correct employment law provisions for your directors and employees. In the UK the law provides considerable protection for employees to ensure that their working conditions and hours of work are fair.
We advise on the terms and conditions that apply to your UK directors and employees. We will help you understand the key differences between employment law in your own country, what is expected here and what you should put in place as a responsible employer.
What do I need to consider ?
If you are thinking of expanding into or starting up in the UK, the employment issues to consider as soon as possible include:
- Employment contracts for UK employees and those joining from outside the UK, including general terms and conditions such as holiday entitlement and working hours
- Documentation to ensure that your employees maintain confidentiality about the company’s business, including restrictive covenants and post-termination restrictions
- Policies to ensure your business is protected including, for example, about the personal use of social media; and to ensure your employees are protected, including maternity, paternity and shared parental leave entitlement; and relating to harassment, grievances and disciplinary procedures
- Transfers of Undertakings (TUPE) regulations in the case of an acquisition, and intra-group employee transfers
- IR35 and working with independent contractors
- For businesses looking to bring senior executives or other employees from outside the UK, our experienced Immigration team advises on requirements and the likely timetable
- For businesses that are already established in the UK we advise on challenging matters such as whistle-blowing, internal investigations and on Employment Tribunal litigation.
Our clients say
“The team is very knowledgeable, approachable, explain complex legal terms in more laymen’s terms. They completely take on board what a business needs as well as making sure we are doing right by employees. It’s a well-balanced approach.” Legal 500 2022
“They are outstanding… the lawyers are affable, available and technically very competent” Chambers 2022
How can we help you?
For an exploratory conversation with Joanna Chatterton call her on: +44(0) 7740 945 716 or email email@example.com
Please visit our website: https://www.foxwilliams.com/legal-expertise/employment-and-hrlaw/
For further advice and assistance please contact:
Fox Williams LLP
10 Finsbury Square
Tel: + 44 (0)20 7628 2000
020 7993 4255